Target sun spots, age spots, & more
Lumecca IPL Photofacial
Lumecca is a powerful intense pulsed light (IPL) to treat pigmented and vascular lesions. Improves complexion and clarity of the skin. Lumecca operates using photothermolysis, which provides a photofacial through the delivery of a comfortable light treatment. Package Deals are available!
Treatment areas include:
Intense Pulsed Light
- If you have a history of diseases stimulated by heat, such as recurrent Herpes Simplex in the treatment area, you will need an antiviral prescribed by your doctor, and it will need to be taken following your doctor’s regimen before your appointment.
- You must be done with Accutane for 6 months before beginning treatment.
- Discontinue any irritant topical agents for 2-3 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid skin tanning for 3-4 weeks prior to the treatment and use at least 30 SPF sunblock during outdoor activity at daylight hours.
- Do not use tanning creams and sprays for two weeks before your appointment.
- Stop anticoagulants 7-10 days prior to treatment, if medically permitted.
- Arrive at your appointment with clean skin. The treated area should be free of lotion, makeup, perfume, powder or bath/shower oil.
- Sun block should be used for 3 weeks following your treatment.
- Moisturizer may be applied after each treatment and makeup may be applied immediately after a facial treatment.
- If you were prescribed an antiviral by your doctor, keep taking it as directed.
- Pigmented lesions will become darker for a period of 1-2 weeks before starting to lighten. Local inflammation around the lesions, manifested as some redness and swelling may accompany the response, as part of the healing process.
- Blood capillaries will clot and appear darker for 1-2 weeks before disintegration. Some redness and swelling may accompany the response, as part of the healing process.
- Some skin tightening may occur immediately, which may decline for 1-2 months, but will improve then, as new collagen fibers are produced.
- All 3 lesions: brown, red and loose skin may improve simultaneously.
- Multiple treatments may be needed.
Please do not hesitate to call our office should you have any questions or concerns regarding your treatment or aftercare.