Please carefully read and follow these instructions after your Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment. There are minimal restrictions after your PRP injections allowing you to return to your daily activities almost immediately.
DO NOT touch, press, rub or manipulate the treated area(s) for at least 8 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid NSAIDS (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Aleve, Naprosyn, Aspirin)—Tylenol is okay to use in its place for pain for 1 week.
- Avoid Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver, Essential Fatty Acids (EPA, DHA), for at least 1 week prior to and 2 weeks after your treatment.
- Avoid Systemic Steroids (prednisone, dexamethasone) for 1 week.
- Avoid alcohol and cigarettes 3 days after treatment. Smokers do not heal well and problems recur earlier and results may take longer.
Remember, our goal is to create inflammation. These listed medications will limit or prevent inflammation, which can diminish your results. If you must take Aspirin for cardiac reasons, you certainly may do so, but this may limit your results.
It is normal to experience bruising, redness, itching, swelling and/or soreness that may last from 2-5 days following your procedure. If you experience any pain or discomfort you may take Tylenol or other Acetaminophen-containing products as directed.
We would prefer if you could refrain from applying ice to the injected area as ice acts as an anti-inflammatory.
- Do not use any hair products for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
- AVOID saunas, steam rooms, swimming for 2 days after your treatment.
- AVOID vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure for at least 2 days after your treatment.
- AVOID resuming Minoxidil (Formula 82M, Rogaine®) or hair coloring or straightening for 3 days. Continue increased water intake the first week after your treatment.
Please do not hesitate to call our office should you have any questions or concerns regarding your PRP treatment or aftercare.